In 1879, the All Saints Sisters of the Poor were invited to run St John’s, a hospital , on a 4 acre site in Oxford, and we have been here ever since.
Within these walls, St John’s Home now care for the elderly, while Helen House, the world’s first childrens hospice, welcomes children with life shortening conditions, with their families. Douglas House offers the same care for young adults.
Roman Catholic Franciscan Friars have now made their home in the original convent building.
Across the road, the Porch Steppin Stone Centre gives daytime support to homeless and vulnerably housed people.